Last week, on the same day the World Health Organization declared the spread of Covid-19 a global pandemic, the Kudzu Culture team was unpacking our cars and trucks among scurrying groundhogs and blooming daffodils at our 9th annual Kudzu Root Camp.
Dissonant as it felt to be digging roots on a quiet hillside while the whole human world was plunging into crisis, it turns out we’re in just the right place for this moment: very recent research being carried out in China, as well as recommendations from a prominent Western herbal researcher, are pointing to none other than kudzu root as a key ingredient in herbal preparations for treating Covid-19.
Below are links to some of this recently emerging information on kudzu and Covid-19 and related research (Some of the links are to non-English sources – if you’re using Chrome, you should be prompted with an option to translate. If not, you can try to right-click the page and look for the ‘translate’ option). We’ll update this post with more links as we come across them.
- HERBAL TREATMENT FOR CORONAVIRUS INFECTIONS
- Zhong Nanshan’s team prescribes a new crown pneumonia prevention herbal tea
- Fermented Pueraria Lobata extract ameliorates dextran sulfate sodium-induced colitis by reducing pro-inflammatory cytokines and recovering intestinal barrier function
- Evaluation of antidiabetic potential of selected traditional Chinese medicines in STZ-induced diabetic mice
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Remedy for SARS
- Analysis on the feasibility of Gegen Qinlian Pill in the treatment of new coronavirus pneumonia
- Notice on the role of Chinese medicine in the prevention and treatment of pneumonia caused by new coronavirus infection